Sunday, May 14, 2017

Botanical Butterfly


The Card Concept Challenge had a lovely set of vintage botanical notecards for inspiration, so I had to play along!  (Can you tell that my Mother's Day included some stamping time? :))


I chose to use the butterfly from Nordic Spring by Claire Brennan.  I stamped it on a piece of PTI's Rustic White cardstock then went about "botanicalizing" it (SO much fun)!


I stamped the butterfly in Stazon Black, then watercolored in and around it.  Once dry, I stamped an old Penny Black text background over the top in Frayed Burlap ink.  Splattered some black paint on, then ran it through the Cuttlebug with PTI's Canvas embossing plate.  Stamped a sentiment from PTI's Scripted Sentiment in Stazon Black, too, then cut out the piece with a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die.


Last  but not least, a coating of Glossy Accents on the butterfly to give it a little dimension and to make the colors pop.  My husband seemed mildly impressed when I told him this was a blank piece of cardstock when I started :)!!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

GORGEOUS card Kelly!

Michelle said...

I love how the husbands have no idea and are "mildly" surprised, haha! You've created a really beautiful card. I love every element. :-)

Karen Davis said...

I love that you created a vintage panel and set it against the white background, just gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a spectacular card! So glad you could join us at The Card Concept.