Sunday, October 11, 2015

Challenge Chicks: 3, 2, 1



This month, Kelli Jo was in charge, and she issued a "3, 2, 1" Challenge...to make a card with 3 layers, 2 embellishments, and 1 sentiment...NO other stamped images!  Sooo hard for me!  Getting the lovely "Christmas Cheer" sentiments from Papertrey Ink helped, though...




So my card has 3 layers...the woodgrain paper/acrylic sheet window, the die cut sentiment, and then the sweater pattern.  I inked the sentiment in 2 shades of grey and black at the bottom.  My 2 embellishments are the sequins for the shaker and the big red bow cut with a die from L'il Inkers Design...and of course my 1 sentiment!  I roughed the edges of my woodgrain paper with an edge distressing tool.

Sidebar:  I did mount the whole shaker onto a card base, so I may have cheated on the layers!...and she didn't mean ONE sequin, right?!! :)

We would love for you to play along, too!  Upload your creations to Splitcoaststampers using the keyword CHXOCT15, or you could post a photo from your blog to our "Challenge Chicks" Facebook page!  To visit the other chicks, just see their links to the right ---->!

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Love the rustic look, this is fantastic!!