Monday, September 22, 2014

Cozy Snowflake Sketch

A lovely sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches by Cindy Lovell!  The star instantly made me think of my quilt patch from the "County Fair" Make it Market Kit by Betsy Veldman.


I turned it into a snowflake...


The paper is from DCWV's "Merry Little Christmas."  I thought the lettering matched Lawn Fawn's "Milo's Alphabet" stamps so I spelled out "Cozy," then added "Wishes" from PTI's new "O' Tannenbaum" set.


Added some shimmer ribbon for the vertical panels, but the little swirls on the flannel paper made me think of twine so added a twisting flurry of my own!  The little wooden heart is from Studio Calico and I added some red dye inks to color it.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


6 comments:

Renee said...

I totally love this...
and now I wanna go pull out my kit and make some of these star/snowflakes in the 500 Christmas papers I have! :)

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh this card is SO pretty,Kelly!! The colors are fabulous and i love the "snowflake"!! Awesome!
Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful, love the country/folk art look of your snowflake!!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is like a beautiful homespun quilt! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow - this is gorgeous! Love the colours you've used and that star is such a standout! thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Daria said...

Terrific card! Thank you for sharing the details.