Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 12 Kits with Amy!


Time for another edition of The 12 Kits of Occasions!  This month we are celebrating Christmas with a lovely kit from Amy Kolling!


There are lovely stamps and die cuts from Verve and patterned paper by Glitz!

I went with a warm and rustic card for my first, using the lovely Verve wreath and some dark brown paper that I embossed with PTI's Woodgrain impression plate.


My favorite part is all of the berries...tiny Recollections red gems!


My next card took a more elegant turn...


The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Ornate Ornaments" set.  Added a bit of Scor Tape and Doodlebug  "Lily White Sugar" glitter along the bottom.


I layered 2 poinsettias onto a stamped label (both from Verve) and added more Recollections gems.  The beautiful red bracket is left over from Jeanne's kit!!

And for my final project, I went a little whimsical and fun!


That is my favorite Christmas sentiment of all time!  So beautiful and TRUE.


Amy sent us this little banner die cut in red.  I originally was going to use it on a red card base so I decided to paint it with Tim Holtz Picket Fence crackle paint and added some Stampendous Crystal Snow glitter. Didn't end up using it against red but still love the snowy result :)!

Thanks SO much, Amy!  I had such a great time with your kit and as usual, more things have been added to my wishlist!

Amy is even hosting a giveaway this month!  One lucky participant who comments on the 12 Kits August post at the blog HERE will receive a $15 Verve stamp set of choice, yippee!  You have until 10pm CDT, September 6th to comment to win!

Off you go to see more fabulous projects...


Don't forget to keep watch on our blog and our Facebook page HERE for more inspiration with Amy's kit throughout the month!  Thanks for stopping by today!

17 comments:

Darnell said...

Kelly, these cards are stunning! I agree with you about the berries; I adore the glitter and stripe of the classic poinsettia; but, child, I am in love with your creative tag!!! Am I the only one who sees a SLED? And the sweet heart in place of the holly berries in the corner of the sediment panel, with the icicle flags? WOWZA!!

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh I am going straight to that wonderful tag…soooo pretty! Love the way you glittered up the banners. I spotted the Jeanne die right away wow that really fancied up the card. Beautiful projects Kelly!

Jill Norwood said...

Kelly these are all gorgeous! I love the pretty wreath card! That was one of my very first Verve sets and I love the berry gems you added! The poinsettia card is so elegant! And I too think the tag looks like a sled! I LOVE the sentiment! So true! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Kelly....just beautiful! I love all the glitter, it really adds so much sparkle to your cards, so festive too.

Rachel said...

these are stunning stunning cards!! that snow glitter looks like fun!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Kara said...

Beautiful!! love the gems on your colored wreath! The tag reminds me so much of a Christmas sled!! Love that!

Cathy Weber said...

I love that tag with the white painted glittery banner....you were so brave to paint it! I also really love the little heart and holly on that tag. Can you tell the tag is one I really love? I also really like the pointsettia card with the great red stripes along each side and of course, more glitter! Can't wait to join you next month!

Sharron said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Kelly! Love the rustic look of the one and the elegant design of the other. But like everyone, I was drawn to your tag--which I also thought was a sled! And you were so brave and painted the banner white. It looks awesome that way, with all the sparkles--perfect sentiment, perfect little heart--love it!!

Joyce said...

What a beautiful group of cards. You took the kit and added some fabulous elements to really make it yours. I love those tiny red gems you used on the first card for the berries, and your paint on the border for your tag. It reminds me a bit of a surfboard--so I am right at home.

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous cards and tag! Love them, especially the tag :)
Thank you for the inspirations!

Renee said...

Adorable!!
Love what you did with your...
and mine...
favorite sentiment!
Looks like a "popsicle stick" sled on that striped paper!
And the rustic goodness of the first one...
so you!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly all of your cards and tag are fantastic and totally your style. Beautiful.

Janis said...

Love the woodgrain BG!!
<3 J

Jeanne J. said...

Fab accents as always Kelly! Love the glittery accents, that heart with the holly wings, the beaded poinsettia center, and that wood grain on the first. You never disappoint!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh Kelly how beautiful!! I love the glittery banners on the last card and the glitter strips on the second. The layering on the second with that die and poinsettia is just gorgeous. And I love the rustic look with the wreath card.

Christina said...

Kelly, you rocked this month's kit! I feel like your designs get the gold star for most original this month. I adore the rustic look on your first card and how you placed all of those tiny berries. The layering of the flowers, labels, and the glittered strips on the second card are gorgeous. And how clever of you to paint the banner to make it white! Makes me look at my kit supplies in a totally new light. Love how that tag is shaped like a sled. :) Awesome projects!

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Kelly! I'm a little late but better than never! :) I have to agree with Christina....Your designs are gorgeous and my favorite is definitely the more elegant card (#2)....something about the glitter and the pearlized gems in the center of the poinstettia. Now....let's talk the banner die.....seriously amazing in white with snow capped glitter! GENIUS!!! Thanks for all you did with my kit! x