Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fresh Pinwheel Sketch

I discovered the Freshly Made Sketches blog in April and finally got to play along with one of their challenges!  I love that they offer clean and simple designs that are wide open for interpretation.  Not to mention that the design team's samples provide fabulous inspiration!

So here is FMS83 designed by Allisa:


...and my card:


I used Playful Pinwheels from Waltzingmouse Stamps for my card.  I have been sifting through paint swatches this weekend to find the right color for two rooms in our house.  "Coastal" colors and stripes seem to be big themes this year so I had light blues, greys, whites, and a bit of sunshine yellow in mind when I looked through my patterned papers.


Stamped and paper-pieced the pinwheel, then added some dimensionals and a button.  You can see a bit of the side panel in this picture.  It's a piece of vellum embossed with the A Muse Studio woodgrain impression plate

I am hoping to be back again to play next week since I had such a fun time with this sketch.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Playful Pinwheels, Walzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  DCWV "Striped" Stack, Basic Grey "Fiction", Simple Stories "Sn@p" Collection, PTI white and kraft cardstock
Ink:  Memento Gray Flannel & Espresso Truffle
Other:  A Muse Studio Woodgrain impression plate, Basic Grey button, white ribbon

6 comments:

Jen Brum said...

So glad you were able to join us Kelly! I love your card!!! That pinwheel is so fun!!! I love those colours! The sunshine yellow is a great accent! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderful card to celebrate spring and the spring breezes! Your pinwheel is so cheerful! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Marybeth said...

Clean ,simple and gorgeous! Love those papers you used such pretty colors, Kelly!

Kara said...

very nice mix of papers! all so different, but still calm!! pretty!

Sharron said...

Love the soft blues with the yellow accent--so pretty! And I really like how you added the embossed woodgrain vellum!

Ava Gavloski said...

great showcasing of the pinwheel love the color tones of the card