Friday, December 21, 2012

Time to be QUICK!

I have a few quick little tags that I made for my speech students' gifts. They are 3-4 years old, so I knew that I shouldn't go crazy since they would end up on the floor in one second!


Up first are some sparkly candy canes using Waltzingmouse Stamps Sewing Box-Christmas!  I can't believe how glittery the Stickles looked!  I guess I usually use a dab here and there...but if you lay it on thick, it really shines!


And the little Holiday Button Bits gingerbread man makes another appearance this season.  He's dancing on a PTI Tag Sale #3 die cut embossed with a new dotted chevron Cuttblebug striped embossing folder.  Even though these tags were for little ones, I couldn't resist adding buttons and dimensionals here and there!

To be honest, I haven't felt very much like crafting since last Friday.  So hard to get in the spirit when I know so many families are devastated.  My heart has been very heavy and even Christmas carols in the store aisles bring on tears.  But I am trying to enjoy each little moment with my family and friends.  And something to look forward to tonight....SNOW!  It's seems like it's been a long time since we've had a sizable accumulation for Christmas.  Maybe 4-7 inches for us!  I rushed out today...but not to buy gifts.  I needed snow pants and boots for the girls!!  Leave it to an Upstate New Yorker to leave that to the last minute!  :)

Supplies:
Candy Cane Tags-
Stamps:  Sewing Box-Hugs, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Ladybug Red
Other:  PTI Tag Sale #3 die, twine, Xmas Red and Star Dust Stickles

Gingerbread Tag-
Stamps:  Holiday Button Bits, Papertrey Ink
Paper:  PTI Kraft and White, Simple Stories Handmade Holiday
Ink:  VersaMagic Gingerbread
Other:  PTI Tag Sale #3 die, buttons, twine, Cuttlebug embossing folder


4 comments:

Marybeth said...

I'm sorry you are feeling sad . Those family's all have another angel in heaven now.... It's the only way I can let myself think of them.
Love the candy cane rages so simple and elegant, love the sparkle ! Adorable gingerbread man tag.
Merry Christmas Kelly
Hugs!

Marybeth said...

Tags not rages???? :)

Kara said...

great tags!

Renee said...

Adorable!!
On both counts!!
And you're right...
they end up on the floor once they know it's their name on the tag...
at least it's the way it goes in my house...
so I never put a lot into tags!
And snow!!
We saw our first today...
no accumulation...
but it was fun to see!
Have fun in yours!! :)