Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps December Release Preview, Day 1

Waltzingmouse Stamps is releasing FOUR awesome new stamp sets this Saturday, December 1st!  Claire has designed sets that can be used at Christmas time...and beyond!  I was so excited when they arrived at my mailbox :)

I made a card today featuring the fabulous new Woodgrain Backgrounder set.  Now this one is special!  Claire has not only included a full-sized woodgrain background in the set, but also some adorable woodgrain elements that coordinate!


Sooo realistic, isn't it?!  I paired the large Woodgrain Backgrounder with my favorite Santa silhouette from the previously-released Santa's Coming to Town.  That little leafy branch (LOVE) is from another new set that we will be featuring tomorrow...I just couldn't stop myself from using it on my Rustic Santa card.


See the little woodgrain pieces? Like that awesome hexagon (that coordinates with the new Spellbinders Hexagon Nestabilities)...and the sweet banner!  I stamped the "Ho Ho Ho" sentiment from Nutcracker Sweet in the center.

I will be back tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday featuring some more new sets, and then we will all join in for the traditional Release Day Blog Waltz on Saturday.  Some of the Design Team Members will also be featuring these new sets next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, as well.

Now it's time to go and see...


Supplies:
Stamps:  Woodgrain Backgrounder, Santa's Coming to Town, My Heart, and Nutcracker Sweet, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream, Rustic Cream, Kraft and Simple Stories "Handmade Holiday"
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Cocoa & Mojito, Memento Black, Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy & Pumice Stone, PTI Vintage Cream
Other:  Spellbinders Hexagon Nestabilities, A Muse Studio cranberry pearls


18 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! Your card is WONDERFUL Kelly - love everything about it (think you could guess I would!!! (-: ) I want those stamps NOW!!!
Hugs, Karin

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kelly, I love the touch if gingham, and the warm colours, such a cosy warm card!

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE this card!

JJ Bolton said...

Get out! Your rustic Santa is fantastic! I'm so excited about the release!

Julia Aston said...

LOVE this Kelly!! your Santa looks wonderful against the plaid - beautiful sentiment banner with the holly accent!

Marybeth said...

This is so adorable and rustic. I love the way this looks. Love the plaid gingham too, goes perfectly! Can't wait to see the rest.

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful! Love the woodgrain hexagon (just got the dies too) - this has such a fab rustic feel - love the leaves along the bottom.

Cathy Weber said...

Love, love, love that banner with the cute leaves behind it Kelly! There is so much folksy goodness on this card, I love it! That Santa silhouette goes perfectly within the hexagon...you know I love hexagons!

Marisa said...

Love the wood grain background and the hexagon shape you used for the focal image.

Helen Berry said...

Goodness Kelly, this is a fantastic Christmas card - love the woodgrain background and hexagon and the little sneaky peek at the leafy branch!

Angelnorth said...

Love the rustic look, great card!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Kelly, this adorable Christmas card uses the woodgrain sets so wonderfully. Love your Santa silhouette with these patterns. Brilliant!

Vickie Z said...

Love the woodgrain background and the hexagon and die cut center with my favorite Santa!! So, I guess I need to purchase those spellbinders dies!?!?

Jill Norwood said...

I just love this Kelly! Love the way the hexagons frame Santa so wonderfully! Such a sweet and festive card!
:) Jill

anya said...

Oh my oh my. This is the most delicious thing EVER. Kelly, I LOVE this! The details.. just so fab!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Have you ever had one of those moments when you say to yourself..."Maaaaaaan!! Now why couldn't I have thought of that!!!?" That's what I thought the moment I saw your charming card!! LOVE...no seriously... I LOVE how you framed your Santa silhouette. That plaid negative space is just scrumptious!! And I LOVE the leaves behind the banner! Pure papercrafting perfection!!

The Hardy Stamper said...

This is one seriously yummy card! Every detail is just perfect - I love those little leaves! I already have the hexagon dies and can't wait to get the stamps now.

Kary said...

Another Awesome card, Kelly!! Loving the Woodgrain set! You did such a great job with the stamps and design. Love the hexagons.