Monday, October 8, 2012

Snowflake Quilt card

I finally got to upload the one card that I completed for the Moxie Fab World Card Making Day Challenges! I chose to make a Christmas card...


It is a sickness.  I can't stop with the hexagons!  This time I used the Happy Hexagon stamp set and Cover Plate from Papertrey Ink paired with the stitched snowflake from Waltzingmouse Stamps Sewing Box-Christmas set!  On my way home from work on Saturday, I found that my local AC Moore was selling the 6x6 pack of Crate Paper's "Random" Collection.  BIG score because we never have the really "in" patterned papers around here until much later after their release!


I cut out a middle panel from the cover plate piece and the little snowflake fit inside perfectly!  I stamped the snowflake twice, added a heart from the set, and placed each of the 3 layers on dimensionals.  Had to tuck a  sentiment on the inside because I just ran out of room!  I chose the "All Hearts Come Home for Christmas" sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps Seasons of Love-Tags set.

Three cheers for World Card Making Day! Now if I could only learn to stamp faster so I could enter more of the challenges :)

Supplies:
Stamps:  Sewing Box-Christmas and Seasons of Love-Tags, Waltzingmouse Stamps and Happy Hexagons, Papertrey Ink
Paper:  PTI Soft Stone and Rustic White, Crate Paper "Random" Collection
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Slate and Black Tea
Other:  Papertrey Ink's Hexagon Cover Plate


3 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fantastic!! Love love love it

ali x

Marlena M. said...

I am so impressed with how that cover plate perfectly showcases the snowflake~fantastic card Kelly! Thank you for your sweet comment~it blessed me! ;)

Marybeth said...

You are too funny with your sickness. Stay sick for a bit longer you are making wonderful projects with the hexagons! Love your snowflake card.