Thursday, October 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop


This month at Papertrey Ink, the theme for the blog hop was "non-traditional holiday color schemes."  I chose to use Ripe Avocado, Scarlet Jewel, Sweet Blush, and Dark Chocolate...kind of like traditional colors but in cooler hues!  I started my card quite late today, and the light was not cooperating.  Should have taken it outside because it was sunny and 83 degrees here today!


I made a Christmas quilt using Guide Lines Grid 1 paper and images from Quilter's Sampler and Quilter's Sampler Additions.  I chose 3 different squares that I thought looked "Christmas-y"...like a poinsettia,  a Christmas tree, and the other...well, I needed a filler one :)  Colored them with Copic markers then stamped over the whole piece with my old SU Linen Background Stamp in Vintage Cream ink.


I cut a window using a nestie and filled it with the stitched pattern from Holiday Buttons Bits and the sweet tree from Love Lives Here Holiday.  Added a Scarlet Jewel felt heart cut with the regular Love Lives Here dies.  I tried many different sentiments tucked inside die cuts of all shapes and sizes, but nothing looked right to me.  I think that I just didn't want to cover up the quilt!

This is my favorite stamping time of year.  Can't wait to see all of the projects.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Quilter's Sampler, Quilter's Sampler Additions, Love Lives Here Holiday, Holiday Button Bits, all Papertrey Ink;  and Linen Background, retired Stampin Up
Paper:  PTI white, Guide Lines 1 Grid cardstock, Scarlet Jewel cardstock
Ink:  VersaColor Bamboo, Memento Rich Cocoa, Fresh Ink in Currant, Copic Markers, PTI Vintage Cream, Tim Holtz Antique Linen
Other:  Spellbinders Labels 4 Nestabilities, PTI Scarlet Jewel Felt, Love Lives Here Holiday and Love Lives Here dies, pink pearl

12 comments:

Marybeth said...

Kelly ….. love this, its beautiful! I really like the way you did... the cut out and then adde the adorable layered tree. You have inspired me to use some of those stamps. Love the colors !

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous cad Kelly, love the background and that wonderful tree.

LEG Studios said...

I love your use for the negative/cut-out space. Great color scheme for your quilt theme!

Karen C. said...

Love the combination of the quilted background and the tree from Love Lives Here. I'm a quilter and sewer, so this really speaks to my heart!!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet tree Kelly! your wonderful background looks like a beautiful stained glass window!

Cathy Weber said...

I know you were inspired by a quilt, but your card also really looks like a beautiful stained glass window to me Kelly! So pretty and a great take on non-traditional Christmas colors.

Unknown said...

This was my backup color scheme. Love your take on it. Really love the quilted homespun feel of it.

Luanne said...

This is delightful! Love the little trees in the quilt blocks. :-)

Kara said...

love the sweet Christmas quilt you have created!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

So homespun and cozy... beautiful, Kelly!!

Jill Norwood said...

Love this Kelly! So pretty!

Marcie Rhys said...

Love what you did putting these two sets together. Are you a quilter since you thought of the poinsettia and the tree? What a terrific card! Thanks for sharing.