Saturday, January 28, 2012

All Those Little Images... Sketch!


Isn't this sketch grand?  Another fun one created by the fabulous Anya Schrier for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog.  I had so much fun that I got a bit carried away...I used images, big and small, from SIX different WMS sets to make my card!


Here's the rundown:
-a big heart and sentiment from Sweethearts
-wreath image from Faux Fun Circles
-a mini heart from Earth Angel
-leaves from Teeny Trees
-dotted circle and tiny dot from Nutcracker Sweet
-reverse polka dot border from Gingham & Co.

It just goes to show that Claire's sets really are so versatile and have the sweetest little treasures tucked between those bigger images on that acetate sheet!


I shout out to Edna...I added a bit of a "topper" to the sketch! (Eek, I couldn't help myself!)  I cut the wreath out with a Standard Circle Nestie and layered it over a bigger Petite Scalloped Nestie.  I covered the polka dotted heart from Sweethearts with Martha Stewart's clear coarse glitter.  You can see a bit of fabric underneath cut with a scallop border die.  The sentiment is stamped on a Tiny Tags die cut from Papertrey Ink.

This is going to be a week of brilliant background stamping I'll bet!  Upload your creation HERE by next Friday, February 3.  Be sure to include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project to be eligible to be the randomly-selected participant who will win a WMS set of choice!

Supplies:
Stamps:  See list above, hee!...all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream and Kraft cardstocks
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Tomato Red and Basil, VersaColor ink in Umber, Tim Holtz Distress Pumice Stone Distress ink
Other:  Tiny Tags die and Large Scalloped border die from PTI, fabric, Martha Stewart's clear coarse glitter, Spellbinders "Standard Circles Small" and "Petite Scallops Large" Nestabilies, twine, dimensionals

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I love how you've mixed up the sets to create this really pretty background. Love it!

Kara said...

beautiful..totally looks like real patterned paper!! love the colors too!!

Jeanne J. said...

I love your patterened background in the bright colors! It came out beautifully! Your sugary heart at the top is just yummy!

Karen M said...

This is so sweet and adorable, Kelly. Your stamped background is perfect, like shop-bought paper! Sweet Kx

Vickie Z said...

It's fabulous!!! Love how you incorporated all those images!!! On the side....just read at Mona's blog the She Art on it's way to your house.....eek....you lucky girl!!

JJ Bolton said...

My goodness this is so cute! That tiny tag is the best! Love how you mixed and matched all the different sets. Have a good weekend Kelly!