Friday, June 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz


Claire is hosting a Waltzingmouse Stamp Blog Waltz with an Americana theme this month.  My absolute favorite!  My favorite artist is Warren Kimble, and his art inspired my Americana card...


I used a number of WMS stamp sets for this card:  Gingham & Co., the star from Midnight Feast, the circle pattern from Teeny Trees, the sweater pattern from Faux Fun, the stitched pattern from Off Beat Backgrounds, a sentiment from Sewing Box Hugs, and the saltbox house from Blessed by You.  Made my quilt by cutting mini square nesties and stamping the patterns on them.

Since I am so late posting, I am off to check out a slice of Americana a bit later today.  I cannot WAIT to see everyone's creations.  Thanks so much to Claire for celebrating her "American cousins" this month!

16 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

Oh wow! This is incredible. Very early Americana folksy-fab! I love everything about this from the gingham patchwork squares to the stitched hillside. Gosh you are so clever not to mention crazy talented. boy oh boy do you ever inspire!

Bee said...

This is so cute, love the patchwork at the bottom, you're so clever! Love the overall effect!

Julia Aston said...

I just knew you'd do a folk art style card Kelly! love your stamped quilt blocks and the fun 'stitched' hillside under the wee cottage!! a wonderful card!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, Kelly, you used so many great stamps on this one. I love it. The colors are so Americana and I love that faux stitching for the hills the house sit on. Don't forget me when you go to order your next order of stamps!

B said...

Oh what a fun use of the faux stitching!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This was well worth the wait, Kelly. I love the patchwork pattern and your lovely faux stitching. Truly a wonderful piece of Americana.

Laurie Marmon said...

Love so many elements of this card. The quilt is very cool and the faux stitches making up the hillside are just adorable. Love it!

Kary said...

Hi Kelly! Your card is fabulous!! Love the quilt design and the focal image is gorgeous. Well done!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love, love, love this! You have such a flair for folk art and it is amazing! Brilliant card!!

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the homely warm feel, and the quilt effect you created! Gorgeous!

Antje said...

Oh how gorgeous - love your quilt of gingham squares and stars with the little house!

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fantastic!!! Love Love Love it

Ali x

Joanne Gilch said...

Kelly, what an amazing card...so many wonderful sets used. That quilt is lovely.

Sharron said...

LOVE this card!! Your folk art designs are always so amazing. The quilt is wonderful and I am so glad to see you use that little house. That set is one of my favorites but I haven't used the house yet.

LaurieJ said...

I am in LOVE (queue the angels singing)! You nailed the Warren Kimble vibe completely. I don't know where to begin because all of the details are so perfect, the quilt especially. Fabulous job!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fubulous folksy card Kelly. I just love how you incorporated all theose wonderful detals.
Hugs
Carol x