Sunday, December 5, 2010

Seven-Layer Poinsettia

Finally got to play an Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast today!  On Saturdays, SmilynStef picks the best websites for us to go and visit for inspiration.  Today she chose the website Bronner's Christmas Wonderland.  I chose this German-made Opal Champagne Heart with Poinsettia glass ornament for my inspiration piece.

Christmas is my favorite stamping time of year!  I have lots of old treasures (retired stamping sets!) that I refuse to part with, and one of these is from Stampin' Up.  It's called "Sew Seasonal".  I stamped the flower from it SEVEN times, cut them out, and layered the pieces to make this poinsettia card:

It was like eating potato chips...once I started stamping and layering the petals, I couldn't stop!  Stamped the flower 4 times on cream paper, then used a sponge and burgandy/red inks to color the petals.  Then stamped the flower 3 more times on PTI's Aqua Mist paper and tucked them in the back.  Used PTI's Turning a New Leaf set for the background leaves, and a sentiment from PTI's Wreath for All Seasons set.  Wish I had a heart-shaped Nestie, but had to settle with a circular one. 

Go check out Bronner's website...it will have you singing holiday tunes in no time!

2 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful Kelly ........ I love the colors you used and the Poinsettia!!

Susan said...

Hey, Kelly! Great card for the IC...I love the two tone sentiment and your take on the poinsettia ornament. So very pretty! Merry Christmas to you.