Sunday, August 8, 2010

Orange you glad we have Betsy?

Betsy Veldman, PaperCrafts Go-To Girl and Papertrey Ink Design Team Member Extraordinaire, posted a tutorial on her blog this week entitled "Build a Doily" ...using stamps!  I had to give it a try...you might be surprised at the images I found that could work!


-Center image (and sentiment) are from Giga Guidelines, Papertrey Ink
-Center circle from Vintage Labels One, Waltzingmouse Stamps
-The layered scallops are the ORANGE SLICE image from Friendship Jar Fillers, heeee!!!
-The outside scroll is from Vintage Labels One, Waltzingmouse Stamps

I chose Paris Dusk ink from Memento to complete the masquerade (I thought choosing a citrusy color might give me away!), the Top Note die from Stampin' Up, and the Textile Embossing Folder from my Cuttlebug.

Thanks sooo much to Betsy for always sharing her wonderful talent and creativity with us!

8 comments:

IamDerby said...

I love the orange slice scallops! OMG awesomeness!

Kara said...

so cool!

Karen C. said...

This reminds of the blue and white Dutch Delftware pottery - so pretty!!

Karen H. said...

Oh my - that is so cool. I agree, that totally reminds me of the Dutch pottery. Beautiful!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow....I would NEVER have thought of that image for a doily but it totally works!! Love your colors too and the addition of the pearl center!

Unknown said...

wow!! so creative!! its really beautiful...excellent job!

Victoria said...

Absolutely beautiful! Using that orange slice is super clever!

Betsy V said...

EEk! I love that you used that orange slice! How creative! Thanks so much for sharing the link with me!

Betsy Veldman