Monday, June 7, 2010

Out on a Limb

Today's Clean and Simple Challenge at Splitcoast was to highlight a quote or verse on a card.  I used this quote from the Branching Out set by There She Goes stamps, the retired Linen Background from Stampin Up, and a leafy vine from Turning a New Leaf by PTI.  I thought it would make a good graduation card (even though I don't need one quite yet!).  Used the Rock 'n Roll Technique on the leaves to make them two-tone with Tim Holtz Distress inks in Crushed Olive and Forest Moss.

Please excuse the grey-ish picture.  I think I have to make adjustments on my camera, just not sure what yet!!

Annnnd OMG... this is a OLC...that's a One Layer Card in case you don't speak "card", hee!  I can't believe I made one without any extra layers!  That's a first in a looooong time!

4 comments:

Sue Ann said...

I love this card and the sentiment ........ perfect~~

Kara said...

This is so pretty! Your design does a wonderful job of making the sentiment the main focus , while still being beautiful to look at:)
Kara

Sarah Bennett said...

Beautiful card! I love the simplicity of it, and the rhinestones dress it up just perfectly!

Crafty Math Chick said...

So elegant, classy and rich - I LOVE IT!

~Meredith