Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Word of the Week!

Welcome to the Word of the Week Challenge, #11!  This word was chosen on Sunday, and I have to say, it is similar to Betty's Color Challenge at Splitcoast yesterday!

achromatic:
1. Refracting light without dispersing into its constituent colors:  giving images practically free from extraneous colors  2. not readily colored by the usual staining agents  3.  possessing no hue; being black, grey, or white:  neutral  4.  being without accidentals or modulation; diatonic


I chose a snowflake image from Cornish Heritage Farms, Smokey Shadow (grey) and White cardstock from PTI, and rhinestones to finish off this achromatic card.  And this snowflake was NOT made with the usual coloring agents...I stamped it with achromatic Versamark ink and heat embossed with white puff embossing powder!
So upload your achromatic card to Splitcoaststampers using the keyword WOW11 or come back here and link your creation to the comments section.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

MariLynn said...

I made my card and posted it in my SCS gallery. I have been having horrible computer problems today. Another great word. Very challenging as I love lots of color.